What is happening at the office

Please realize that Tim is unable to respond to emails while he is pushing out tax returns during these last weeks of April. While he would like to speak with everyone, it is more important at this time that he concentrate on filing tax returns.

If you wish to speak to someone at the office, please feel free to call either Owen or Terry at the office instead.


Clients who think that emailing files is easier, please be aware that your emails are no longer getting through.

Because too many people have emailed files, our email system can’t accept any more emails with attachments.

Please use the provided tool for sending files instead of emailing them.

Underused Housing Tax

It is becoming increasingly apparent that there is an obligation to file UHT-2900 Returns where couples (and other Canadian Citizens) jointly purchase rental properties.

If only one person who is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada) owns the property, then they are an excluded owner.

If more than one person, notwithstanding that they are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents, owns the property, they are each an affected owner and each owner will need to file the UHT-2900 return by April 30, 2023 and must mail the UHT-2900 return to the tax department.